Sunday, May 20, 2007

Buying A Bathing Suit

Every year I cringe at the prospect of possibly purchasing a new swimsuit. It has less to do with body issues than it does the price of the swim wear. Even at the cheapest places, swimsuits are insanely priced, especially as most two piece suits are now sold in pieces.

I'm all about being able to buy the right size top and bottom. That's a wonderful thing and whoever came up with that idea (that had to be a woman) was brilliant. However I don't think that the bottoms should be priced the same as the tops.

Seriously.

A swimsuit bottom that is little more than a pair of panties should not cost $14.00 or more. That's just insane. I do realize the swimsuit people want to make at least $30.00 on their product, but I just shake my head at this.

This part of the concept totally ruins the goodness of buying each piece separately.

I mean think about it. Would you pay $14 dollars for a pair of panties that didn't do anything? I mean face it most swimsuit bottoms aren't going to help hide any bulges or anything else that you want hidden.

Swim wear is essentially an easy way to go out and about in something similar to your underwear. However it's very expensive underwear.

Now I need to decide if I'm going to acquire a new suit this year.

Oh and not to worry The Mistress Of The Dark will buy a tankini as no one needs to see more of her flesh than that.

0 comments: