Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Glad It's All Over

The weather was wonderful. For the most part, all three days were peaceful, so why am I glad that the weekend is over?

Allow me to count the reasons....

1. Being sick as a dog on Saturday was so not my idea of a good time. I was miserable and there was very little that made me feel better, so the whole flipping day was pretty much shot to hell in a hand basket wrapped in a butane blanket and someone tossed a match on it.

2. Was too scared to eat much on Sunday following Saturday's sickness. Plus the meds I have to take for the next few days say I have to watch my alcohol consumption and that I'll likely be more sensitive to sunlight. Way to ruin a holiday weekend.

3. I went to the mall yesterday and I spent NO money. It's quite possible that there's snow falling in hell right now. Let's just say, I find this summer's clothes to be really ugly and too expensive.

4. I wanted to buy a cheap Donnie Iris best of CD, but since Best Buy was so kind as to not have my Zen Vision, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of a sale.

5. Went to Smokey Bones for dinner. Ate way too much and regretted it for the rest of the day. Blergh. (And the food was really good too.)

Now I think I'll be glad to get back to work. (Did I really type that) I hope I can get to the gym tonight too, because I missed going to the gym on Sunday too, because of my damn sickness.

0 comments: