Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

For close to 33 years (Damn close...I've got a birthday coming up in July) she's been my best friend. She's listened to all my insanity....musical obsessions (and she's shared some of them. imagine if you will a little semi religious lady getting down to Oingo Boingo's Insects), work issues, and all my short lived relationship/crushes.

She's been there to pick up the pieces and glue them back together even when she wasn't well enough to do it. Let me tell you there's been a lot of pieces to glue back together.

I'm thankful that today I still have to to say Happy Mother's Day too. (There have been some close calls over the recent years) And yes, I've rearranged my life to still be sitting in the house I grew up in. It's my choice and one I wouldn't change. I know I'm needed here...more than anywhere else...and I wouldn't change that for the world.

Happy Mother's Day!

I love ya, Mom!

And to celebrate Mom's Day....a few pictures of my mom through the years.


Mom's first communion picture.


My mom and dad's wedding photo.


All of us, this past March for my grandma's 100th b-day.

0 comments: