Saturday, May 05, 2007

Rant Rant Rant

A few rants for the day.

Rant 1

Keymarket Radio sucks. They are the company that runs WPKL aka The Pickle and Froggy aka the worst country station in the world.

So as of Thursday, some DJ's can't even play random requests throughout the morning show, because the people in "corporate" don't seem to think that's necessary or some kind of shit like that.

Blergh.

So he's required to play crap! Basically the format for WPKL is Bubblegum hits of the 60's and 70's...with lots of Beatles thrown in to make you not want to throw up. The hours from 6 - 10 in the morning were refreshing, because the morning DJ, who we all know and ....(cough, hack) love, played music that people liked, and occasionally tossed something in there to make you giggle, like playing White Christmas in...erm February when we were in the midst of a nasty snow storm, at the request of a random listener. (No it wasn't me)

Now there will be no Moody Blues, no songs from the new Tommy James CD, no chance of hearing the new Paul McCartney song on the station or even the songs from The Beatles Love CD.

Nope it will now be WCRP Crap FM. Because what "Fish" played doesn't make a successful classic rock/oldies station. Hmmm methinks the higher ups at Keymarket have their heads up their proverbial asses. They should be thankful they have a DJ that is at least slightly in touch with their listeners and they should let him have some control over what makes our ears bleed or doesn't.

Blergh!

I don't want to be forced to listen to WJPA, which is a better station overall, but I will, because I like to hear stuff like Gordon Lightfoot and Paul Stookey, which likely won't get much airplay on Pickle.

I've tried listening to WRRK, BOB FM, but their mix isn't really to my liking either. I like 80's but not quite what they play and they don't do enough classic stuff for me. (Oh and if I hear the Spin Doctors Two Princes one more time, I'll scream)

On that note let me say this, I HATE RADIO!


Rant 2


The 100 lb girls at the gym that are taking up space when they should be at Wendy's eating a cheeseburger so they don't look so emaciated. I'm all for exercising to stay healthy, but these chick-a-dees are obnoxious. They work out with their boyfriends and wear workout gear that borders on obscene.

Seriously girls...I don't want to see your pelvic bone. I also don't want to hear your giggling. I want to exercise in peace, please and thank you.

Rant Three

BMG for having part of some artists back catalogs, like Tom Petty and Gordon Lightfoot, but not all of them, or rather not the discs I need. It's a conspiracy so I can't get these discs cheaply. I still have loads of Gordon I need. At least with Tom Petty there's not much they don't have. However, they only have 2 Warren Zevon discs..and he's one of my favorite members of the "Dead Rocker's Society."

Why is building a good music library so difficult?

Rant 4

People that only email me when they have a rant and they get an email from me. It's always nice to know that I'm needed when someone wants to vent, but no other time. It feels really damn good to know that the friendship I offer is only accepted casually whenever it's needed and other times it's cast aside.

Note to self: Dogs and cats are much more loyal and loving than people.

0 comments: