Sunday, May 20, 2007

Random 10 - Week 106

From the ladies @ Music Memoirs

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

I was having one of those, "I'm feeling freaking bitter weekends"

Midge Ure - Lied

You lied
From your head down to your toes
You lied
But somehow I know I'll survive
And I can't believe another word you say
So go your way
You lied


Matchbox Twenty - Bent

I started out clean but I'm jaded
Just phoning it in
Just breaking the skin

Can you help me I'm bent
I'm so scared that Ill never
Get put back together


Brandi Carlile - The Story

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to


(I just downloaded this album this weekend. I'm still not sure if I like it or not)

Cheap Trick - Say Goodbye

How does it feel to be better
How does it feel to be on your own
Oh tell me why did you take the time
Walk away, tell those lies
Why did you waste your time
To tell me that you came to say goodbye


(One of my favorite Cheap Trick songs)

Keri Noble - Watch Me Walk

Life is to short
you blink then it's over
so now
you're going to watch me walk
out of your life


(One of three new Keri Noble songs that aren't technically released yet. I can't wait for her new album)

The Monkees - I Don't Think You Know Me


If you think I want the life you choose to live
I don't think I want the love you've got to give
If you think my goals could be so trivial and small
Then, I don't think you know me at all


Tom Petty - Even The Losers

Baby, even the losers
Get lucky sometimes
Even the losers
Keep a little bit of pride
They get lucky sometimes


Gordon Lightfoot - Shadows

And I love you just in case you didnt know
Let it go,
Let it happen like it happened once before
Its a wicked wind
And it chills me to the bone
And if you do not believe me
Come and gaze upon the shadow at your door



Elvis Costello - Sulky Girl


I think you'd better hold your tongue
Although you've never been that strong
I'm sorry to say that I knew all along
You're no match for that sulky girl


Annie Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass


And if you're trying to cut me down
You know that I might bleed
Cause if you're trying to cut me down
I know that you'll succeed
And if you want to hurt me
There's nothing left to fear
Cause if you want to hurt me
You're doing really well my dear


One guess who was on my mind this weekend for some stupid reason.

And this weekend was cat picture weekend...so here's Oogie!

0 comments: