Friday, May 11, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 123

From the ladies @ Music Memoirs.


Top 5 "Mom" songs (songs about mothers, or by mothers or that make you think of your mom..or you can take the "mom" theme and run with it)


1. Oingo Boingo - Mama
(This one is kind of obvious. It's about a mother. However I'm pretty damn sure it's about Norman Bates' mama!)

2. Michael Crawford - You'll Never Walk Alone
(This one is a favorite of my mother's. It's from the musical Carousel)

3. Paul Stookey - The Wedding Song (There Is Love)
(Another favorite of my mother's and a favorite of mine. It's just too beautiful)

4. Diana Krall - Departure Bay
(Many of the songs that Diana wrote for The Girl In The Other Room were about her mother. I hope she writes more in the future. This was my favorite album of hers.)

5. Bernie Barlow - My Child
(I wonder if she sings this one to her baby now)

0 comments: