Saturday, May 12, 2007

My African Daisy

Every year I buy an African daisy when I go to McShane's greenhouse in Rostraver for my spring flowers. I've had pink ones, yellow ones and red ones in the past. This is the first time I've seen orange, so needless to say, that's the one I had to get.

I was actually surprised that there were only a few African daisies this year. Usually they have quite a few. It's pretty early in the season too. I hate to buy them elsewhere because I've only had luck with the plants I've got from McShane's. Last year I even had one seed a new plant.

Maybe they weren't ready yet. I hope that was the case, because I like to have at least two of them in the garden.

I need to go back again soon for my annuals. I also need to go to Martin's to see if there are any hibsicus, because I think my father may have cut them a little to low.

Ah well that just gives me an excuse to buy another one. It also gives me an excuse to take some photos of all the gorgeous plants they have at both of these florists.

Here are my shots from last night.

0 comments: