Sunday, May 27, 2007

In An 80's Kinda Mood

I feel the need to hear music from the 80's or music from my favorite bands that they made in the 80's. I think it's a summer thing. I was listening to Adam Ant all evening. Now I've got The Moody Blues on, but it's the album The Other Side Of Life.

I'm not sure where this strange desire came from. Yesterday I was listening to Roxette and I haven't listened to more than a song or two by them in yonks.

The other day I found some OMD (Orchestral Maneuvers In The Dark) songs that I hadn't heard in ages too. If their name isn't familiar to you, they are the band that did the song If You Leave from Pretty In Pink. They actually had several wonderful albums and are still touring in the UK these days. I wish they were more well known in the US, I'd love to see them in concert.

This 80's mood puts me in quite a dilemma. Should I, or shouldn't I, change the songs on my Zen. I still haven't upgraded to the Zen Vision. I should have bought the damn thing this past week, but I didn't want to make the damn drive. (sigh) Of course now the Visions aren't on sale, so I'm stuck pondering if I should refill the Micro or not. And it was on sale for about $50 bucks less than it is now last week. Anyone care to cry with me?

Any ideas on how to get my 80's fix that doesn't involve me keeping my butt parked in front of this damnable computer?

OK...it's time to shake my boot-tay to some more dance-able music.

0 comments: