Sunday, May 06, 2007

Random 10 - Week 104

From the ladies @ Music Memoirs

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

I've been in a jangly guitar music mood....

Tom Petty - The Waiting
(This is my favorite Petty song ever. It doesn't get any better than this)

Grey Eye Glances - Faces
There is a face that I put on so that you say you admire me but the face I have now says the feeling is gone...
One of my favorite lyrics...

Cheap Trick - I Can't Understand It
(Best power pop out there. These guys should be bigger than they are. The music is infectious, Robin Zander is gorgeous, and they rock in concert. What more can you ask for?_

Herman's Hermits - You Won't Be Leaving
(Peter Noone singing about the girlfriend spending the night. OH MY!)

Glass Tiger - Touch Of Your Hand
(I've always loved this Canadian band, and I still think Alan Frew is a hottie)

John Lodge - Thunder Child
(I love John's version of this classic song from War Of The Worlds. Jeff Wayne should have used both Moody Men in that musical)

Fleetwood Mac - Monday Morning
(I hate this song, but I was listening to a best of collection and for some reason ended up listening to this horrid piece of work by Mr. Buckingham over and over)

Midge Ure - Sinnerman
(I love his voice...he could sing me to sleep anytime he wanted to)

Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
(WJPA plays my requests quickly. I think I may be switching stations..but I feel a strange loyalty to Fish and The Pickle at 99.3.)

Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
(I spent all weekend trying to find this song. It's one of my all time favorites. And a song I'd like to send out to the person that will only email me when they want to bitch about their job...

This doesn't have to be the big get even. This doesn't have to mean anything at all.
)

This picture is from the Aviary on the North Shore....

0 comments: