Monday, May 07, 2007

Things I Miss


~ Regular emails from Fish. I know there's no hope for a friendship ever blossoming from the rubble that was created a month ago, but that doesn't stop me from wishing that somehow things could go back to the way they were. A wrinkle of the nose and a blink of the eye and voila we could be friends again. I miss our communications...and there's nothing or near nothing now.

I can't even bring myself to listen to another station. I like Fishy. I like listening to Fishy. I miss my emails though.

~ I miss my friend Jill who sent my life in a tailspin. I've tried repeatedly to contact her, but to no avail. I have no idea why she won't speak to me. I've told her over and over that I'm beyond being angry about this.

~ I miss Misty and Buddah, my two kitties that passed away at the end of last year. I forgot how hard it is to lose a pet. It had been ages since one of our little ones went to his/her maker.

~ I miss record stores in the malls. I remember when every mall had at least 3. Now the only store in most malls is that highly overpriced FYE store. Blergh!

~ Good concerts in the area. So far there is only one show I'm guaranteed to see this year; The Grass Roots in Oct in Uniontown. I can't commit to the Susan Werner show until my mother gets home from her pacemaker check on Wednesday. Yeah...and the show is Saturday at 7. Yay! There is nothing else enticing me either, that I is feasible to attend.

~ Having friends that were close by...even my "real life" friends are far away from me now.

~ Casual Corner/Petite Sophisticate: These were two of my favorite stores that went under about 2 years ago. I could find something there at any time and the prices were reasonable and the clothes timeless. I also worked for them for a brief period of time in 2000.

~ Talking long hours on the phone. I swear the only person I talk to anymore is my mom.

0 comments: