Monday, May 14, 2007

Missing Mondays

I started this last week in a round about way and I want to continue it on for awhile. The concept is simple...any number of things or people that I miss at the present time.

If you want to play along feel free, and come back here and tell me you played. It would be a cool thing to get started.

1. I miss my old Grand Am. It was a beautiful car. On the day it died, it looked as good as the day it rolled off the assembly line. (Not that I had it then) It was shiny and teal and beautiful and it didn't leak water and the interior was beautiful, it's a shame the engine was shot. ~sigh~

2. Girls night out with my mom. Since her heart problems started in my senior year of college we go out less and less. I graduated in 1996 and now we only go out with my dad on Sundays to somewhere local for dinner, no malls or other shops by ourselves anymore.

3. Gas prices at 89 cents a gallon. Back in the late 90's this was the case. It was a wonderful thing. Even on a really bad salary I could afford to get in the car and drive. It was bliss. Now I can't afford to leave the house.

4. 80's Night at Metropol in Pittsburgh's Strip District. I didn't go often but I enjoyed going and dancing once every month or so. It was on a Saturday night too, which made it perfect. The music wasn't always that great but the drinky poos were good and it was a cheap evening.

5. Tequila Junction @ Station Square: This was one of the best Mexican restaurants in the area. When Station Square started it's renovations this was one of the first casualties. I miss it terribly, even though there are oodles of fantastic restaurants in the area.

6. The Monkees: I miss seeing the show. I miss the tours. The guys won't work with each other anymore and it's sad. Granted they all do awesome shows solo, but it's just not the same. And the DVDs cost too much money.

7. Atlantic City: Isn't it time to go back yet? I miss the lights and the food and the boardwalk and the excitement of being there.

8. Dutch Wonderland: A family park in Lancaster, PA. I haven't been there in ages. I want to go back because they have more rides since HersheyPark bought the place several years back. It has a castle entrance, kinda like a taste of Disney in PA>

9. LUMS Restaurant and McSorley's: Jennifer should remember both of these restaurants. Lums was in Uniontown and Westmoreland Mall and McSorley's was at Greengate Mall. I didn't appreciate them nearly enough as a child...I miss them now and the atmosphere of both places.

10. Potato Patch Fries: Is it time to go to Kennywood or Idlewild Park yet?

0 comments: