Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Must Love Dogs

I found this movie to be hilarious in it's badness. Online dating sites baffle me, because the internet opens new levels for people to lie to one another and withhold other important pieces of information.

I don't know how anyone could put their heart on the line at one of these sites and for that matter how anyone could shell out good money to one, and yes, I know that some people have success stories...but I'm sure they are actually the minority. I've read the profiles. I have one on one site...and I never log in anymore, because after a few weeks of being amused at what was looking, I shuddered and thought..."are there no people out there that aren't just out there for sex?"

Not that I have anything against sex. Sex is good. At least I think it is...what I can remember of it. But most of the profiles I've seen seem to beg for a romp in the hay.

Which makes me think of this song: The Monkees - P.O. Box 9847

Now if I were being honest my profile should read like this...

Ordinary Girl

Just an ordinary girl, looking for someone with a deep love of music, animals, travel and photography.

Suffers from an allergy to toddlers...and teenagers.

Looking for someone to share a few laughs a few drinks and maybe a few road trips.


I've always found that long winded profiles tend to be full of hot air. The longer the profile the more lies it contains or the more ego that needs to be stroked.

Now who's going to stroke my ego?

0 comments: