Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bootsie The Bizarre

My little girl is a very odd kitty. I think spending the first year of her life @ the Humane Society has really altered the way she sees the world.

She's an upstairs kitty. I've seen her sneak downstairs once or twice but on a whole, she doesn't leave the 2nd floor of our house. She has specific prowling hours too. From about 8 o'clock in the evening she comes out of her spot (which is usually far from eye sight of any human in this house) til about 8 a.m.

The only way you know she's still in the house after those hours is because she has her tags on her collar and she jingles when she walks. So we know she's moving about after I go to work, but for the most part she goes unseen.

One of the things I've discovered about Bootsie, is that she loves to watch TV. She's fascinated by it, especially cartoons. She seems to be particularly fond of Ed, Edd and Eddie. Go figure! I guess that's because she's not out and about when Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends happens to be on.

She's far from being the most social cat but at least she's coming out of her kitty shell a little bit with people. She's never had a problem with other animals. She loves all of them, particularly Oogie, much to his chagrin.

Someday I hope she overcomes her strange kitty phobias...but I have a feeling it's not going to be very soon.

0 comments: