Monday, April 02, 2007

A World Of Randomness and A Random 10

~ I'm weak as water. Weak as water, I tell you. I lasted no more than 4 minutes at work this morning before I turned on 99.3, The Pickle. Yes, I grumbled everytime "Fish" came on, but oddly it was good to hear his voice and listen to familar tunes. WJPA is good, but I'd never hear my Tommy James songs there, and well if I didn't hear the Hold The Fire songs, I'd be a sad sad girl.

OK, truth be told, I missed the "Fish." Shoot me.

~ Both cats got clean bills of health at the vet today. Yay! The receptionists know me by name. I think they remember me because of my crying when I took Misty in December. Hearing that a pet is terminally ill is as traumatising as if it were a person.

~ I've renewed my love affair with Erasure. I've been listening to them pretty much non-stop for the last few days. If they weren't on my winamp they were on my stereo or my mp3 player. Have I mentioned they have a new album out in May? Yay! This means I may need to rearrange the tracks on my Zen. I really need to buy the Vision. It's becoming necessary.

It's funny one of my favorite Erasure songs will always be Cry So Easy from the first album, Wonderland and the single Boy from the Union St album.

~ The great Spring Clean 07 begins in my household next week. The garbage man should be afraid, very afraid.

~ I've been considering my shot glass collection. I buy shot glasses from just about any place I've been, that has them. I have glasses from The Hard Rock Cafe, Kennywood, Idlewild, Lucy The Elephant, The Absecon Lighthouse, The Rainforest Cafe...I wonder where the next one will come from....

~ Now it's time for the Random 10 from Music Memoirs


10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)


Erasure - Love To Hate You
Erasure - Turns The Love To Anger

I listened to the Chorus album quite a bit over the weekend, mostly before bed.

The Beatles - You Like Me Too Much
Tommy Roe (The Great) - Sweet Pea

These songs were on The Pickle Saturday afternoon.

Erasure - I Could Fall In Love With You

The brand new Erasure song that I downloaded this weekend and played over and over and over because it kicked booty.

Diana Krall - Love Me Like A Man
Diana Krall - Narrow Daylight

My favorite Krall tunes from The Girl In The Other Room

Elvis Costello - Just About Glad
Because I am just about glad.

Justin Hayward - December Snow (Acoustic)
Justin Hayward - No Regrets (Acoustic)

2 songs sent to me from a friend from a new bootleg circulating. Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.

And now for the picture



The Cucumber Falls at Ohiopyle. And yeah, I was standing precariously close to the edge to take this picture. I'm a nutjob. I know

0 comments: