Friday, April 27, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 121

From this lady @ Music Memoirs.

Top 5 classic rock songs that are a classic annoyance to your ears.

1. The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
(I hate this song with a passion that cannot be described. The only time I like it, is when it's performed live and I can watch Justin Hayward's guitargasms.)

2. Kansas - Dust In The Wind
(Really anything by Kansas can go here. The worst thing about this song is; everyone seems to cover it...from The Scorpions to...to..SARAH BRIGHTMAN for cripes sake. I swear Elvis Costello is the only person who hasn't covered this awful song, and that's amazing because he'll sing anything once)

3. John Lennon - Imagine
(I know I'm going to hell for this, but this song has always gotten on my last nerve. And I agree with the Costello lyric that goes "Wasn't it a millionaire who said "imagine no possessions?" Yes the song is about peace and love but when you look at it in other ways its almost hypocritical.)

4. Eric Clapton - Layla
(Specifically, the unplugged version that seems to be more of a hit than the original and it's 100 times more annoying. Clapton is another classic rock artist that gets on my nerves, mostly because he's such a cop out these days. The last album I bought of his was Journeyman and even that managed to make its way to a used CD bin. Whatever happened to great albums like August and Behind The Sun?)

5. Fleetwood Mac - Monday Morning
(It wasn't a hit but for a time I heard it every damn Monday morning at shortly after 6 a.m. It didn't make my Monday morning any better let me tell you. I love The Mac, but I can do without this song. And the worst of all, its a Lindsey song...and I usually love Mr. Buckingham's tunes)

0 comments: