Friday, April 13, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 119

Brought to you by the ladies @ Music Memoirs

Top five cheesiest and / or worst lyrics ever written?

I love cheese.....

Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
(Arthur Resnick - Joey Levine)

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I got love in my tummy
And I feel like a-lovin you
Love, you're such a sweet thing
Good enough to eat thing
And it's just a-what I'm gonna do

ARGH! This song is so bad..and suggestive...and so weird. I don't want to know how he got love in his tummy either.

The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
(Paul Simon)

And I think it's gonna be alright
Yeah, the worst is over now
The mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball


Paul has written so much better, however this one has "stick in your head" power like no other.

Paul Revere & The Raiders - Mr. Sun, Mr. Moon

Mr. Sun make it fine
Shine on down for this baby of mine
Mr. Moon come on through
When Mr. Sun goes we'll be counting on you


Dum. Dum. Dum. Dum. DUMB!

Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)

She talks kinda lazy
And people say she she's crazy
And her life's a mystery
Oh, but love grows where my Rosemary goes
And nobody knows like me


And this was a hit? Lordy...and please get it out of my head.

The Hollies - Stop Stop Stop
(Clarke - Hicks - Nash)

Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave


I can't believe Graham Nash is party to this badness...and why does it have to be catchy badness too?

I'd like some wine now...to go with this cheese, or at least a lambic beer. All these songs are good in that silly cheesy bubblegum kinda way.

0 comments: