Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Think It's Going To Be All Right...

I think the worst is over now..

Will someone please please please do something to rid my noggin of this song.

Yeah. I've got Red Rubber Ball stuck in the big ole jukebox in my head. It started with this live version by Simon & Garfunkel...and then I found the first recorded version, which was done by the Cyrkle. Now the damn song won't leave. It's packed it's bags and moved into my head.

Most of you know that I get the cheesiest most obnoxious songs stuck in my head. Most of them can be blamed on 99.3 The Pickle...with a vast majority of the blame being laid at the doorstep of a certain DJ.

He has laid off playing Yummy x 3 for quite awhile and for that I can only extend my heartfelt thanks. I really hate when that song takes up residence in my head.

The other thing that I tend to do is attach songs to people. There are some songs that for some reason or another will always make me think of a person. I'm not always sure that's a good thing, because if it's someone I'm involved with and we part ways I end up disliking the song..or even the band that does the song because of it.

I'm warped that way, I know.

Music is intensely personal for me, if you haven't noticed. That's why when I share music I always want to know how it was received by the listener, especially if I share stuff that's not too well known. I'm waiting not so patiently to hear if my latest mix was enjoyed. I think I'll be heart broken if it's not.

But until I do know...I'll just go on humming

And I think it's gonna be alright
Yeah, the worst is over now
The mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball

0 comments: