Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Recommendations

Taking a break from my whining, so that my online friends don't come and beat me with the proverbial stick, I offer you two recommendations, one book and one CD.

The book: James Herriot - Every Living Thing



If you love animals and need a feel good book, this and any other book written by James Herriot is worth hunting down. You'll fall in love with all the animals and the human characters will touch your heart. Warm fuzzy feelings will abound.

The CD: Dar Williams - My Better Self



Dar has one of the prettiest voices in folk music. I discovered her when I asked for some songs by good female vocalists. Along with her I found Grey Eye Glances.

But back to the album. It has the rather lovely cover of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb and the witty Teen For God as well as the hauntingly beautiful, Miss You Til I Meet You.

Dar should be in everyone's CD collection. This particular CD is good to wind down to. So what's not to like?

So there you have it, two things you should head over to Amazon and check out. Go ahead, do it, broaden your horizons....

0 comments: