Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm A Convert To BOB FM

Yup, 96.9 sucked me in this weekend and I decided to give it a go today. I was a bit weary, because I don't like metal and they do say they play anything. For the most part I was pleasantly surprised.

OK, I was more than pleasantly surprised....I was in flipping ecstasy.

Why?

Here are a few of the songs I heard in my 8 hours of work today:

Elton John - The Bitch Is Back (Oh yeah...this is a me song right now)
Matchbox Twenty - Bent
The Turtles - Happy Together
Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok (Squee!!! I love love love me some Chess music)
Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind (Yay for Nick!)
Laura Branigan - Gloria
The Go - Go's - Vacation
The Talking Heads - And She Was
Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
Tears For Fears - Shout
REM - It's The End Of The World As We Know It

oh and

Donnie Iris - Ah Leah!

It was all good, let me tell you. Granted there were sucky songs, but I think there were less crap songs today then I've heard lately on other stations.

It certainly put me in a very good mood today, which was sorely needed. It also put me in the mood for some good 80's music....or even some bad 80's music.

0 comments: