Sunday, April 29, 2007

Baa Says The Sheepy!


I nabbed this musical meme from Becky.

Name up to Three of the Following: (OK, Five, I’m not picky)

1. Songs you’ll sit in the car to hear to the finish.
Tommy James - Hold The Fire (and I have)
Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn
Matchbox Twenty - Push
Any Moody Blues song because hearing them on the radio always brings me such immense joy that I stay rooted in one spot...even if its that damn Nights In White Satin song.
Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind
Paul Stookey - The Wedding Song (There Is Love)

2. Songs you’d rather listen to a commercial on another radio station than hear.
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
The Bee Gees - Staying Alive
Poison - Unskinny Bop
Sheryl Crow - The First Cut Is The Deepest
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (and any other atrocity this woman has recorded)

3. Songs you won’t listen to unless there are commercials on all the other radio stations.
Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
Commander Cody - Hot Rod Lincoln (Actually I think I would just turn the radio off if I had no choice)
Fleetwood Mac - Monday Morning
Dusty Springfield - What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life? (I love Dusty, but I hate her version of this song that's used in a diamond commercial.)

4. Songs you associate with road trips.
The Wallflowers - Sleepwalker
Billie Myers - Am I There Yet (Return To Sender)
Gary Puckett - Woman Woman (and if you're really hungry when you're roadtrip-ing you don't sing "You've got cheating on your mind." You sing "You've got cheetos on your mind."

5. Songs which make you think of a certain person every time you hear them. (& of course, the person & why you think of them!)
Jimmy Buffett - Fins makes me think of a person I would rather not think of, because Fishy is best left out of my mind.
Paul Stookey - The Wedding Song makes me think of my mum, and when it's on the radio I call her to tell her to listen, because she loves that song.


6. Songs you listen to secretly, in the car alone which you’d die if anyone knew you were listening to. (you have your pride of course)
Hanson - Sure About It (damn song is an earworm from my retail days)
N'Sync - Bye Bye Bye and It's Gonna Be Me (Again..I worked in a kids clothing store for a few years and that was when these songs were high on the charts)
The Spice Girls - Wannabe (I have no excuse for this one)

7. Songs you haven’t heard since High School which you’re just as glad to have not heard since then.
Anything by Boyz To Men
Sheriff - When I See You Smile
Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (Puke...gag...blech)
George Michael - Too Funky (It's too awful)
Red Hot ugly..erm The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart (I'd like to break his achy breaky heart over his head)

The music of the early 90's sucked...these songs are mostly from 1992

8. Songs from High School which you would love to hear or still listen to.
Roxette - Joyride (junior year)
Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn, I Wish I Were Your Lover (senior year)
Shakespeare's Sister - Stay (senior year)
Def Leppard - Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad (senior year)
Styx - Show Me The Way (junior year. One of the only songs by this band that I really love...I haven't heard it in ages, though I swear I have the CD)
The Divynls - I Touch Myself (junior year. Best song ever!)


9. Songs Which you remember from Childhood & still love to this day. (not Mary had a little lamb! Songs your parents listened to which seeped into the back seat)
Elaine Paige - Memory
Barbara Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
Neil Diamond - America (I have a love/hate relationship with this song)
Blues In The Night (I'm not sure what version of this song I heard when I was small and my mum used to play WSHH to get me to sleep at night)

0 comments: