Thursday, April 05, 2007

Torture Is Fun, Right?

Seriously, torture is the best. I've gone off potato chips cold turkey. I'm also trying, again, to limit my soda intake. Yes, I know soda and chips are bad for me, but they are both very tasty and soda keeps me alive in the mornings, because coffee just doesn't cut it for me. I need the carbonation as well as the caffeine to keep me going.

But I've got to do something. I'm sick of playing games with the scale. It goes down...it comes up. All while I'm doing better exercise than I have in ages. I'm doing at least a half an hour of cardio and another half hour of strength training when I'm at the gym. On days when I don't go I try to get a half hour or more of cardio in at home.

I want to weigh 125 again. I think I've said this before. It's a struggle, but I think I have something figured out and maybe just maybe it will work. And yes it involves not shoveling food in my gaping piehole of a mouth.

It involves me keeping myself busy, which actually works for the good of my mental health as well as the good of my ever expanding ass. When I have things to do I'm not as likely to sit around fretting about something I have no control over and eating.

Today's my first day of this new plan, and guess what? I have loads of stuff to do too. I have to be at mass tonight and I'd like to walk over to the Byzantine Church for a bit after our mass to take some photos. Tomorrow after work, I'm going to Phipps' to see the Spring Flower Show. Fingers crossed this will work.

0 comments: