Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The April Mix

Every month this year I've made a mix of songs that I am currently obsessing over. In the first three months there was little change. This month is different but for some reason I'm having a hard time compiling the mix.

I don't know why. The mix wouldn't be for anyone but myself. That should mean it's easy.

If only that were true.

My mix CD making abilities were shaken when I sent the last mix I made to someone. Somehow I don't think my efforts to share some ecclectic tunes was appreciated, however many thank yous I received for them.

It felt like a slap in my face...almost like an insult to my taste in music, which, yes is weird, but then again so am I. I am the Queen of Weird. And I wouldn't change myself for anyone. I like my weirdness, thank you very much.

However as I sit here trying to decide what songs should make the mix this month...I find I don't want to do it. My confidence in my abilities is shaken, because one flipping tard didn't like my mix...or rather I don't really know if he didn't like it...because he only gave vague comments on it.

BLERGH!

Would someone kick me and tell me to make the damn mix CD and remind me that my mixing talents are actually quite good. You only have to go here to see that its the truth.

0 comments: