Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Early To Bed

So as to avoid watching the State Of The Union Address, I'm packing up and heading to bed early tonight.

Nothing can make me watch the leader of the free world tonight. I'll get enough of it when I wake up and turn on the Today Show. (More than enough)

I'm taking a good book and my Muvo filled with exercise music and curling up under the covers. I don't care if I don't fall asleep right away. All I care about is not hearing those 20 odd minutes of lies about the War On Terror and Iraq and how the country is in marvelous shape.

I can't take those kinds of lies anymore. I can't take hearing how good things are when I have friends that can't afford to keep their furnaces on because their heating bill for one month was $700. I hate hearing about how we have to help liberate other countries when there are so many people suffering in this country and when so many people (myself included) don't have health care.

I do know one thing, W's view of the State of the Union and mine are probably two very different things.

0 comments: