Sunday, January 15, 2006

Borders Here I Come

I can't remember when I was last in Borders. It's been a few years since I've been to the mall at South Hills. I just don't have a reason to drive that way.

Today I have a reason. I have a 25% off coupon for any cd and a 25% off coupon for any book. Plus I want to get away from the Steelers/Colts game. I'd rather be doing some mindless shopping as opposed to watching the home team face trouncing.

I have my lists of CDs that I'm looking for. I'm not holding out much hope for finding the Cliff Richard CDs I want, but I figure I'll at least find one of the Elvis Costello reissues I need. Borders is pretty good for having those, though none of the other music shops seem to, including Best Buy. In fact, I have to say, for Elvis Costello, Best Buy has the worst selection.

On a side note, I saw The Moody Blues - Sur La Mer at Walmart on Friday for a mere $6.99. Funny Walmart stocks a lot of their back catalog but they never sold December.

A rousing WTF for that.

It's going to be nice to have a day out. I haven't really been anywhere since long before Christmas. (Unless you count Walmart, which I don't) If I'm lucky, maybe I'll get to Applebee's or somewhere similar for dinner. Hmmm. Now I'm really looking forward to leaving.

0 comments: