Monday, January 09, 2006

I'm In The Mood Again

Or maybe I'm just in "a" mood. In the car I've had Elvis Costello on constantly. At home, the battle for my winamp is The Moody Blues and Cliff Richard.

Creepy combinations, I know.

But no worse than me listening to the Lennon Acoustic CD, which I'm finding quite distasteful.



So far the only songs that stand out to me are Watching The Wheels and Working Class Hero. The thing that's really sad about this, is that I was really in the mood to listen to Lennon. I think that mood came from listening to Strawberry Fields on my last playlist. I thought this would cure that need.

Boy was I wrong. This has put me off John entirely. Like a lot of acoustic albums, some of his songs are just too stripped down. In a word, it's lacking. Sure it's nice to hear just John and his guitar, but the songs on this disc aren't the ones I would have chosen.

One thing is for sure, this album has put me in a mood, to listen to anything other than John Lennon. Where's my Moody Blues? Where's my Elvis Costello? Where's my Cliff Richard?

0 comments: