Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday Laziness

This is my quasi-pj day. I'm not doing much today except laundry, church, and running off to the hairdresser to get my hair tamed. I had super short Annie Lennox style hair this summer and I'm growing it out now. It's not fun. I'm half tempted to tell her to cut it all off again. But that's neither here or there or anywhere.

I have nothing really important to do today, so I'm going to bask in my laziness and catch up on some reading, listen to music and work on a writing project that I've been neglecting for the last few months. If I get really industrious I might even take upon a cleaning project, but I'm not holding out any hopes for that.

I'm in the mood for lazy right now. Tomorrow I have plans to head out to Borders and pick up one of the CDs on my growing list, particularly the expanded edition of Elvis Costllo's Goodbye Cruel World.



Mostly because I want the demo versions of two songs on this CD; Peace In Our Time and Inch By Inch. I like to describe Inch By Inch as being as sexy as The Moody Blues - Deep. So now you know what kind of song that is, right?

I've been trying to avoid buying the reissues, because I have the albums when they were reissued by Rykodisc back in the early or mid 90's but Rhino's done such a great job with the bonus discs, well, I'm getting sucked into having multiple copies of most of his discs.

I can't hold out any hope that there would be a Cliff Richard CD at Borders to bring me joy. That man's music is difficult to come by and I've had 2 really bad experiences at Half.com over the holidays, which has left me feeling a bit weary of ordering anything right now.

~sigh~

For now, let the laziness commence!

0 comments: