Sunday, January 08, 2006

Random 10 - Elvis Meet Cliff Edition

It's time to do that musical Monday meme from Music Memoirs. Try saying that five times fast!

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

I've been really listening to Elvis Costello and Cliff Richard this weekend. Now that's an unlikely musical mix if I ever heard one.

Elvis Costello - How To Be Dumb
(This is one of my favorite snarky Elvis songs. It's on an Elvis mix that's been in my car for the past week)

Elvis Costello and Lucinda Williams - There's A Story In Your Voice
(First, Lucinda's voice grates on my nerves big time. In fact, I hated this song for quite awhile, but it's growing on me, mostly because it's damn infectious. It just came up on my winamp Elvis shuffle.)

Elvis Costello - Brilliant Mistake
(This is one of my favorite songs from the King Of America CD. Actually, it's one of my favorite EC songs period)

Cliff Richard - Wired For Sound
(Who writes this stuff? Cliff is so cheesy sometimes that he should be ashamed. This song is him at his cheesy best and like Mistletoe and f-ing Wine, it sticks in your head and won't leave!)

I like small speakers.....I like tall speakers...

OUT DAMN SONG!

Cliff Richard - I Cannot Give You My Love
(Barry Gibb and Cliff? Sweet mother of God! Thank goodness Cliff doesn't sing falsetto. Gorgeous song, but Barry and the other brother's Gibb always did write some good songs, even if they did hurt my ears when they sang them)

Cliff Richard - Simplicity
(Cliff country style from his last studio CD. This song is fantastic.)

Lodgey if Cliff can do country, then get your snake denim clad tushie in the studio and record that western/cowboy album, now!

And it wasn't all Elvis and Cliff....

John Lodge - Thunder Child
(I've listened to this song way too much)

Erasure - Yahoo
(Way too peppy for me this weekend, but it's one of my favorite Erasure songs)

Erasure - Stay With Me
(More calm and another favorite of mine)

George Harrison - Unconsciousness Rules
(One of my favorite songs from the Somewhere In England CD.)

And my musical picture is one I found while cleaning up things this weekend.



Come to think of it, I did listen to The View From The Hill this weekend.
As always if there's anything on my list that you'd like, ask and I'll upload.

0 comments: