Sunday, January 29, 2006

New Erasure CD!

I had almost forgotten one of my favorite bands when in my infinite boredom I went over to Erasure's Offical Site yesterday.

In high school my best friend turned me onto them. The first two albums I heard were Wonderland (their first cd) and Chorus (which was there most recent cd at the time). I was in love.

At the time I was really into 80's music, so these guys really fit the bill. And yes, they were a musical obsession of mine. They still are. I do my best to get whatever CDs are released, when they are released.

So when I was perusing the site, I was excited to see at least a UK release date for their next album, Union Street. I knew about this, but it had totally slipped my mind.

It's all acoustic and its taking old Erasure songs and giving them a bit of a Western Cowboy (as John Lodge says) feel to it.

Why do all Britboys long to sing country music?

~shakes head~

I'm really looking forward to this even though it's a compilation album with a twist. The fun part now will be deciding if I'm going to get the UK version or just wait until they release it in the US. I'm really in no position to spend the extra cash so I should wait, but Union Street isn't do out until April so I'm worrying needlessly about nothing.

0 comments: