Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Rant For Lodgey

I was checking out the I-fucking-tunes store today when I noticed the mondo-super-duper-expensive War Of The Worlds box set was finally available for download.

So for all the people out there that want to hear John Lodge's superb version of Thunder Child, you can nab it for a mere 99 cents, if you know which version to buy.

I had to go through all the versions because they don't credit John for singing it at Itunes, though Mr. Hayward does get credit in areas (not necessarily Forever Autumn).

So, if you're looking to buy Thunder Child, with Lodgey singing, you want to purchase the (later version). That in itself doesn't make much sense to me, as his vocal wasn't used in the final version of Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds. (Even though it was a hundred times better than the one that made the final cut)

I think that in cases like this where there are different artists performing, they should be listed as the artist, rather than the writer, especially in cases where the song was performed by someone other than the person who did the final album version. There's a version of Forever Autumn without Justin's vocal, and let me tell you, the little bit of what I heard made me cringe. What makes me cringe even more is that the guy singing the early version of Forever Autumn ended up singing Thunder Child.

GRRRRR!

If I were Lodgey, I'd be pissed.

0 comments: