Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about The Music Whore

1. I've met several celebrities in the last few years. The Moody Blues, Elvis Costello, Eddie Izzard and Malcolm Gets (from the 90's comedy Caroline In The City) And I have pictures to prove it too. (Elvis and John Lodge give wonderful hugs too)

2. The first album I was given was The Monkees Greatest Hits and the first album I stole (from my brother) was The Beatles 65.

3. When I was little my favorite shows were the Monkees and the Beatles Cartoons.

4. At one point I knew almost all of the dialogue in the movie Help!

5. The video for The Wild Boys by Duran Duran used to scare the hell out of me. (I was an easily frightened 11 year old)

6. Until 2003 the only Moody Blues CD I owned was The Greatest Hits Album from 1989.



And I only listened to two songs on it; Your Wildest Dreams and I Know You're Out There Somewhere

7. I caught Rick Nielson's guitar pick at the Cheap Trick concert I attended in Pittsburgh at Metropol in the 90's. I almost got mauled for it, because it literally landed on my head!

8. One of the best concerts I attended was by The Devlins, an Irish band made up of two adorable brothers. The show was at Rosebud and it only cost $5!! The Devlins were opening for Paula Cole and she got to do SNL and cancelled her Pittsburgh show to do that, leaving her opening act stranded.

9. In my high school years, musical theater was my favorite thing. I've seen Phantom Of The Opera, Cats, Les Miz, Aspects of Love, The Secret Garden, Tommy, Chess, The Music Man, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and 1776. If I had the money I'd go to see Phantom this month in Pittsburgh, but it's not gotten the best reviews this time, so I'll pass.

10. David Bowie moves around entirely too much to get good pictures of him when you are in a Security Nazi setting.



Damn Security Nazis.

11. I finally found my VHS copy of Xanadu. Needless to say it's a cheesy moviefest night. I don't know why, but this movie has always been a favorite of mine, along with the music.

12. Olivia Newton John was my idol in grade school.

13. I spent a lot of time today trying to decide what album I'm going to buy next. I'm not sure which one it's going to be yet, but I'm thinking it's either Grey Eye Glances - Songs Of Leaving or Cliff Richard - Wanted.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)
Emily
Jess
Harry
Kimmy
Karen
Mike
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

0 comments: