Thursday, January 19, 2006

Worries

My dad is going to have surgery on Monday. It's outpatient surgery for a skin cancer that's benign. Essentially it's nothing to worry about, but I am.

It's an all day thing from what we've been told and my brother's driving home from Canton to be able to take my dad, as I can't have the day off and someone has to be there to drive.

This whole situation is giving me a case of the nerves, and my nerves haven't really completely settled from past events. Surgeries and whatnot remind me of our mortality, specifically that of my parents. My dad will be 80 in April and my mum just turned 72 in December, and I'm just going to be 32 in July.

I hate it when my brain focuses on stuff like, how long will I have with them, or what will I do if something happens to either one of them, because truth be told, I don't know how I would cope without either of them. They both are such a huge part of my life.

Somehow I've got to focus on the fact that this is really a simple yet long procedure and likely by the time I'm home from work on Monday, he'll be home resting on the couch.

0 comments: