Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Need A Monkees Fix!

Why can't they sell the DVDs to this show seperately? I used to have a zillion vhs tapes with the shows on them, from back in the day when they were on Mtv and Nick at Nite. Sadly those tapes are long gone. I have one tape that I nabbed from my sister and another one I bought ages ago. Neither have any of the episodes I want to see.

At this point though, I will just watch the episodes that I have. But it just won't be the same. Sadly the episodes I have don't even have many good songs in them. At least one has Daydream Believer, but it doesn't fit the episode well.

I love the second season episodes, especially the Christmas episode and The Devil and Peter Tork. One day I'll shell out the money for a VHS copy of the Christmas show, but to get the other episode I have to buy the 2nd season box set which costs around $60.

Why can't I be allowed to pick and choose which episodes I want! Why do I have to have all of them or none? This is a gross injustice!

And while I'm bitching, there isn't an album that has the 3 songs from the Then And Now Best of compilation anymore. Remember Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere, Kicks and That Was Then, This Is Now? That compilation is out of print and the Listen to the Band Box Set is out of print too. Thus making the only song of the three available That Was Then, This Is Now. (which is on most of the newer greatest compilations)

There should be more love for the Monkees, I tell you!

0 comments: