Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Zzzzzzzz

I will not go to sleep yet, I will not go to sleep yet. As always another uneventful day in the life of the music whore. Did you expect otherwise? I do think something spectacular is do to happen soon, I just haven't figured out what it will be.

Maybe it will be a weekend where everyone "LEAVES ME ALONE!"

If I'm not going out to do something fun, ie...dinner (which defeats dieting)...a movie...or saints forbid, a club, please let me have a weekend to myself. Is that too much to ask for?

Granted a lot of my weekends are full of nothing, but usually something creeps in about mid-nothing, to throw my laziness right off balance. You know, the can we go for walkies thing, at say 6 p.m. I'm fine with walkies, cos my butt could usually use the exercise, but please, don't call me a half hour before hand to inform me that you are going to take me out and exercise me.

Miss Spontaniety I am not! I like to be informed. Even better I like my solitude. I like being left in my room in front of my computer, working on whatever story takes my fancy at the moment with my tunes playing on the computer or on the stereo.

Speaking of tunage, I've just put Jimmy Buffett on the mp3 player. I'm not a fan of country music, but Jimmy Buffett is almost a genre unto his own. I'm definitely in need of his new CD. It's great music for the summer. Makes you want to sit back relax and have a margarita, which incidently, I haven't had in a long time. Come to think of it, the last drink I had was at the Bowie concert on May 17. Crikey! That's a sad sorry shame!

But back to the subject of Jimmy Buffett. My brother gets to see him at least once a year, and I still can't score seats even once. This is just not fair. I might add, that Buffett shows, for those of you not in the know, sell out in seconds. Ticket prices aren't very friendly either.

Which will lead me into my last rant before I do finally let myself go to bed. Cyndi Lauper is coming to Pittsburgh. She's playing the Pepsi Cola Roadhouse in Burgettstown. (which is nowhere near Pittsburgh..but erm... nevermind) Now we all know Cyndi Lauper and we all know that she hasn't had a hit record since...since...1980 yedden.

Do you know how much the tickets cost?

Sit down, why doncha?

The price range for Ms. Lauper's show in the P'burgh, 59 - 79 bucks! WTF! I paid 69 to see her when she opened for CHER!! The tickets for the Moody Blues in Atlantic City were cheaper than that!

Methinks Ms. Lauper is a bit overpriced.

I guess I'll have to content myself with only one more concert this year. That would be Phil Collins on Sept 26. Our seats aren't great, but then again, I don't really care, I'm being dragged off to that one.

Enough moaning now. It's time to shut up and go to sleep... Zzzzzzzz

0 comments: