Saturday, July 31, 2004

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Who is the couple that I'm wishing a wonderful day to, you ask? What celebrity couple do I actually adore?

The answer is simple

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

John and Kirsten Lodge

They are wedded 36 years today. Quite an accomplishment and something I have a hard time fathoming. My parents have been married 52 years and that's something I marvel at, and my parents are mere mortals like you and me. Lodgey is in the spotlight. A celebrity that's faced with tempations at least 3 to 4 months out of the year.(I'm sure there are women out there that would gladly give themselves over to him if he'd just nod or crook his little finger in their direction...I know I would) Staying married that long is quite an accomplishment. Kudos to both of them, for making a good marriage.

It takes a lot of love to deal with the career path John has chosen. And from the looks of the two of them in that photo, there is a lot of love there.

They have two children, Kristian and Emily, both in their 30's. (OK, I don't feel so old now) Both of which daddy has written songs for. (Emily's Song from Every Good Boy Deserves Favour and Carry Me from Natural Avenue) Lucky kids.

There's not much more I can say about the Lodge family, except that I wish John and Kirsten as many more years of love as they are allowed in the grand scheme of things. I hope that those years are full of good health and that their children are always there with love and support for them.

I wish them all the joy in the world and hope that today is just as wonderful for them as that day in 1968 when they said their vows. They are truly a special couple, because they are two truly special people.

Many happy years ahead...LODGEY AND KIRSTEN!

I love ya both....and wish you well...

0 comments: