Saturday, July 03, 2004

The Best Birthday Ever

The Best Birthday Ever

Well thirty started out quite oddly and worked its way up to a spectacular finish. I worked for 5.5 hours in Pittsburgh yesterday, trying to help my boss find a paper trail of an employee's misconduct in one of his other ventures. Needless to say, we found some interesting things there. I may be going back, once or twice a week for a while. It was fun, so I won't complain too much, except that I didn't really want to do this kind of driving. Oh well. Twas nice.

After the first, jaunt to Pittsburgh, I came home to get ready for the theater. My sister, Lady Starlight and I went to see 1776 yesterday. It was a wonderful musical and it starred Malcolm Gets of Caroline in the City.

So to start out, here is a picture of the infamous "twins."



That black dress should have been touched by Lodgey, but it oddly didn't fit properly until the day after Atlantic City. (I bought it for Youngstown last year...can I get a Grr)


We missed Malcolm when he was coming in to get ready by 2 seconds. That was a sad sorry shame, so we took some pictures around the Cultural Circle. There are benches across from the theater that look like eyeballs. No joke!

Our seats were in the first tier of the balcony, the Director's Circle and they were great!

And after the show, we waited at the stage door, to see who we could see

First, the actor Frank Kopyc, who played Ben Franklin, who was thrilled to have his picture taken.



And then, the crowning event of my birthday. Malcolm Gets was kind enough to have his picture taken with me! What a great b-day present it was!!



A fun time was had by all. Special thanks to Lady Starlight for going with me, and for the splendiforous present of Atlantic City! A better birthday couldn't have been had, without Lodgey and the Hayward being there...and they kinda were in a roundabout way!

0 comments: