Sunday, July 11, 2004

Another Week Has Come And Gone

Another Week Has Come And Gone

Where is the time going? I'm thinking my theory of the summer passing by quickly after my birthday is more true than I realize. Here it is the 11th of July already. The 30th birthday came and went rather painlessly. In fact, the 30th b-day was one of my nicest.

I've decided too that I don't like weekends much anymore, not that my weeks are that great, considering I've now got the work in the city issue to contend with. Any more, the weekend ends up being 2 days where I can be found sitting on my butt in front of the computer for an extended period of time.

The good thing is that I've got most of the stuff I wanted to do accomplished. I just have to burn one more set of shows for a friend. That's a plus and only 4 of the shows he's looking for a hidden somewhere. (grumbles at my inaptitude in cataloging these shows)

I mentioned on my Livejournal, that I just got 3 Moody Blues concerts on video the other day. I still haven't watched them. I'm worried about a return bout of Post Concert Depression.

It wasn't so bad in November, because I knew they would tour the States again fairly quickly. This time, it's all up in the air. There's the show in Monaco for the richies on Aug 8. Real humans can't attend this. Thanks Justin! Thanks a whole (insert expletive here) lot. After that date they have another month off and they go to the UK. Rumors possibly put them back in the US in November, but my guess is that's a west coast tour because they haven't played there since last summer. Then there's this business about New Zealand etc. Mind if I grumble?

C'mon guys! Don't disappear for that long. I'm sure other parts of the world miss ya too, but you're killing me. I need a multitude of Moody fixes throughout the year to survive. Sure I've already had two, but...but...that's truly not enough.

My creativity has been down this week. I have to really put some more effort into my writing. I used to be able to do about 5 pages daily, now I'm lucky if I can get 5 pages done ever 2 to 3 days. I think it's the lack of Van Helsing in my life. I need to watch my scrumptious Dracula some more. (for inspiration's sake)

Oh and in my infinite boredom, I'm downloading another Diana Krall show. This one's from April! So yay, the setlist includes songs from The Girl In The Other Room. Sadly and oddly I still like her album better than her hubby's last effort. That feels so wrong to say. I guess I'm going to use my freebie on BMG to nab one of her older discs. I can't believe I'm actually going to own more than one of her albums. What is the world coming to?

Oh and did you see, I learned how to use the Hello, photohosting thing from blogger. It's pretty easy and it will save me some aggravation when my fotolog is acting up.

Wow, doesn't look like I did much this week. Well besides going to the city on Wednesday and that was only to work. It went by too fast and I did too little, until yesterday. Now if only I could accomplish some cleaning and some writing, I'd be in good shape. No wait...there are those Moody Blues videos that need watching. Those are far more important than cleaning and writing, right?

0 comments: