Monday, July 19, 2004

Monday Music Mambo

Ok, Kidlets, it's time to get the Mambo going on! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for something fun! I haven't been doing many meme's lately. So, without further adieu, I'm going to shake my fanny across my own blog!

This week it's all about "New Music!" So why don't we get warmed up with a little bit of "I say...You think..."


Release:Me!
Tuesday: Afternoon
Sounds: that make me smile
Disc: Compact Disc..I have many many many of them.
Radio: Sweetheart
Store: I need to go to Best Buy, NOW!!
Tape: Does anyone have these anymore?
Mix: Me a Mix CD

Ok, now that we are all warmed up, are you ready to Mambo? If you are, come on and shake your groove thang!


1. What's your favorite way to discover new music?
I love getting Mix CDs from friends. I've discovered some great music that way. It's a good way to get exposed to music you might not listen to otherwise. Speaking of which, the song California Stars by Billy Bragg and Wilco is just awesome!

2. Do videos influence whether or not you buy a cd?
I'm not sure it influences whether or not I'll buy a cd, but it can influence how I feel about a song. I didn't like Duran Duran for the longest time because of two of their videos. I hated the Wild Boys video and the video for All She Wants Is. Come to think of it, Justin traumatized me with his hair in the Nights In White Satin video



Scary, 60's hair!! But Sexy Hayward!

3. What was the last CD you purchased?
I just bought the Delovely Soundtrack today. It's really a great disc, and I can't wait to see the movie. Just for the appearances by Elvis Costello, Robbie Williams and Diana Krall.

4. Tell us about a band you recently discovered.

Hmmm I'd have to say the Stereophonics. I discovered them, courtesy of David Bowie. They were his opening act. I haven't bought any of their CDs yet, but with the help of a friend who I swap mix cds with, I've had some more exposure to their music, and I find they are one of the last really good Britpop bands. If you'd like a song recommendation, you can't go wrong with Have A Nice Day!

5. And lastly...answer the musical question: Did Video Kill The Radio Star?
What's radio? I think that should be the answer there. And that's a sad thing, because now music is judged more on the appearance of the artist rather than the artist's talent. That's wrong on so many different levels.

0 comments: