Monday, July 26, 2004

Monday Music Mambo

Monday Music Mambo

Ok, it's time for the other Monday meme. The one brought to you by the cwazees at BDI.

Well, Monday is upon us again, Guys and Dolls. Do you know what that means? If you guessed, "Time For Another Mambo," you're absolutely correct!

So lets get ourselves warmed up and dance, shall we, with a little "I say...You think..."


Magazine: article
Photo:: Moody Blues I have thousands and thousands of pictures of them.
Concert: June 19, 2004, Last Moody Blues concert
Video: Killed The Radio Star
Pass:: Backstage
Ticket:Master - those evil bastards
Line: To get into the damn venue, cos they think we're all terrorists
Excitement: I Want to see my Moody Men again!!

Are you warmed up yet? That's good, cos the Mambo Guy is getting impatient. He wants to get his mambo going on. So let's get started.


1. If you had backstages passes to the show of your chosing, who would it be, and what would you do once you were backstage? (Try to be clean.)
Do you even have to guess? The Moody Blues. I think I'd like to be backstage at an Atlantic City show too. Just cos it's funner there (as Greg Proops would say)

And you know I just like to hang out with sexy old geezers like them:



After I talked J'tin out of wearing the pink shirt from hell. (and subsequently burning it) Then let the party begin, or rather the

Mmmm Hayward...Mmmmm Lodgey.

BTW My Runner Up for this question is...



Elvis Costello.


2. What entertainment magazines do you read?
I used to read Entertainment Weekly faithfully. Sometimes I'll flip through, People and Rolling Stone, but not as much. It's not as though my favorite celebrites ever make it inside. Oh except for Johnny Depp, who is the sexiest man alive this year! Yay Johnny!


3. Do you read concert/album reviews in your local newspaper? And if so, do you let the review sway your opinion on the band/album?
It's like a gorey accident. I have to read them. Then I usually get pissed off, cos no critic likes the Moody Blues. Thankfully Ed Masley, who does the reviews of Costello usually, is a huge fan, so I don't cuss him out often. So no the reviews seldom affect my opinion.


4. Create your dream concert lineup. (a sort of Lollapalooza event of your making)

It's Bizarro-fest, hosted by the Music Whore..

Opening acts include:

Erasure
Bernie Barlow (who'll be back later on)
Alison Moyet
Matchbox Twenty
Cheap Trick

Wait there's more

Duran Duran (are fighting for a spot)
David Bowie (lollipops are forbidden at this show)
Elvis Costello
The Beatles (Are all alive..just for this concert and they are playing for me and sharing a double bill with......)
THE MOODY BLUES

(Justin and Paul are fighting over who's prettiest)


5. If you could have attended any festival show at any time...From Woodstock on...which one would it have been, and why?

The Isle of Wight festival in 1970. Though there might be a few Prince's Trust shows I'd like to pop in on. I know there was one in the 80's that George Harrison performed at...and another with Paul..and I'm sure the Moodies were at one too. Not to mention Live Aid...and so many others. ARGH! Brain cramp! I think I'll stick with the Isle of Wight though!

0 comments: