Saturday, July 17, 2004

Saturday Wrap Up

Saturday Wrap Up

Well, as you can probably see I was still fiddling with some of the pictures from Atlantic City. Cropping out hands and heads that sneak into corners of the pictures. I never realized how many shots we took. Oddly more of them were good than I had originally thought. It just took some time in photo shop sharpening them.

So thanks to Miss Linds, I found another site to host images, cos my Atlantic City pictures are pretty big and being as I'm rather poor at the present time, I needed another "FREE" way to host them. My server you ask? Image Shack!

So in honor of Image Shack, I bring you a lovely picture of the ever so handsome Paul Bliss. I do believe the darling Gordiemuffin has snuck into this photo as well.



So what else did I do today? Not much. It rained, which pretty much eliminated my plans for a nice lengthy walk. So I spent the better part of my day on the computer working on my latest bit of fiction. I'm quite happy to report that the story is progressing nicely.

Currently I'm burning a Diana Krall concert from 2003. I can't believe I'm really listening to her and enjoying it. It's really odd that I'm coming to appreciate her music. I'm almost feeling guilty about not getting tickets to see her Pittsburgh show. (but not that much yet)

As I said earlier, I did go to mass today. I was a eucharistic minister, because half of the people scheduled on this evening didn't show. I was also a lector. (So I've met my weekly requirement for church) I prayed for the usual patience to deal with insanity and the people that cause it. Here's hoping my prayers will be answered this time!!

Did one unplanned thing! Went and got some yummy Chinese food at the Little Bamboo. Mmmm General Tso's Chicken and Mmmmmm Pork Egg Foo Young! and double Mmmmmm Steamed Dumplings. Good Eats as Alton Brown would say.

Now I'm going to see how many more times I can listen to Vintage Wine and Sooner of Later (Walking On Air). These are my two, Feel Good, Moody Blues songs. The third is Don't Need A Reindeer, but I think my family has heard enough of that one...oh hell, it just came on. Hope the Christmas music doesn't disturb them too greatly. So, as I was saying, these are the 3 Moody Blues songs that bring a smile to my face whenever I hear them.

The morning crankiness is gone. I'm feeling good. And I'm listening to the Moodies. It don't get any better than this.

0 comments: