Thursday, July 08, 2004

Thursday Ramblings

Thursday Ramblings

It's been a week of memes and that is fun, but not very informative and it certainly doesn't get anything off my mind and there's been so much weighing on it lately.

So let's clear the air

Guess a Hump -- If you guessed keys, give yourself a cookie you win!

Now that I've done that, let's move on to the rest of my ramblings.

~ My boss is trying to ease me into working in Pittsburgh on a regular basis, without asking me if I really want to do this. At 9 dollars an hour, the commute to Pittsburgh is not worth it. Parking costs 14 dollars a day. If I could figure my way around walking, I could get it down to 5 dollars a day but that wouldn't take into account the still high gas prices. Why can't I have a normal job?

~ I miss the Moody Blues. I need another concert. Sadly the next ones are all in Europe though they may make it here by November. (Though methinks they will be on the west coast then)

~ I'm getting that tired feeling again, where all I want to do is sleep. I really hate feeling this way.

~ I plan on spending Saturday alone. I want the day to myself. I want to sleep until noon. I'd like to go walking when I wake up and get moving, but the problem is, I need to have a partner. I hate walking alone, and no one, not even the nephews (aka bratlings) will go with me.

~ The diet prognosis. I'm sick of hearing about diets. If I hear the word "Atkins" one more time, I'm going postal! Low carb this, low carb that. How about, stop shoving food down your gapping piehole and maybe you'd lose some weight. I know that's how it usually works for me.

~ Writing for the first time in years is becoming tiresome, and it's because of that one stinking story I gave up on many times before. Not My Slave. I don't like it. Unfortunately a few other people do like it, so I don't want to give up, but it's coming along at only a page or so a day, and it makes me feel like crud.

~ I've been seeking comfort in reading lately, romance novels, of course, so don't expect any reviews here. I just need the silly escapism that they provide. I think I could probably use a drink or two. ~sigh~

I'm sure I'll think of a dozen things to post while I'm at work today. I always do, but when I get back home, I forget them all. I wish I had some exciting life events to share, but those are few and far between and I had one on Friday, so it will be awhile before the next ones. ~sigh~

0 comments: