Saturday, July 17, 2004

Morning Crankies

Morning Crankies

It's really the little things in life that take away that feeling of wanting to beat someone over the head with something similar to a crowbar.I was up entirely too early this morning. 7 am on a Saturday morning is just wrong. Up at 7 am with PMSy crankies is even more wrong.

Let me sleep for goodness sake!

So I turn my computer on, figuring I'm going to work on a short songfic that I started this week and get my winamp on. Cos music usually cures the morning crankies. Well, Sur La Mer was on my winamp (Sur La Mer being a Moody Blues album) So, I go straight to the happy song. Yeah...occassionally the Moody Blues do write happy songs. The song is Vintage Wine, by the Hayward. Thanks for the catchy chorus, J'tin. As always it puts a smile to my face. OK, Lodgey songs make me smile too. Lodgey makes me smile always. Lodgey is just infectious happiness. Voila...Hayward Happy Song playing = Crankies Gone.

But now that I'm not cranky, I can try to decide what to do with my day. Writing is a given, the disc is in the computer beckoning me. Most likely I'll do some reading as therapy for my dull life at the moment, oh and go to mass tonight.

Doesn't that sound thrilling?

Maybe I'll add a walk in there for added amusement and inspiration. That will be the highlight of my day! I'll go on a walk from my house to 2nd St and back. A 2 mile walk. Woot! I'm not sure if I can contain myself. That might be too much for me!

Ooops, the crankies are back! Looks like it's going to take more than a few songs to cure me of this. Any cures for crankies out there besides Moody Music?

0 comments: