Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Wake Me When It's Over

Wake Me When It's Over

Well the holiday weekend is now over. For me that always is a signal that summer is ending, even though it has just begun. I don't know why that is, but once my b-day comes around, the summer seems to fly by.

You go into a shop now, bathing suits are on sale, even though there are at least 2 months of swimming left and if you have your own pool 3. Summer clothes are on sale to make way for the fall fashions.

Isn't it sad how that works? The seasons fly by fast enough and we hurry them along faster. Even in my infinite boredom and that's what most of my days are like right now, the hours fly by faster than I would like.

I have stories I want to write, people I want to talk to, or IM in this case, places I want to go, but time keeps moving on and I don't get to do half of what I want.

But then again, when do we really get to do what we want. When I had the job that paid money, I could never get a day off to enjoy things. I was always getting called in to help out. I don't miss that. I only miss the money. At least now, if I had money, I could go. Sadly I don't have the money so most of my jaunts into the world are to parks where there's a walking path or to somewhere cheap, cos inevitably I'm borrowing money from my parents.

~sigh~

It's a dog eat dog world and I can't seem to win for losing.

I guess this is just the way the world evens out things. I think I need a nap and it's only 7:30 in the morning.

0 comments: