Tuesday, July 13, 2004

How Things Change

How Things Change

Last night I was thinking about how I like different things now than I did a year ago. I find that it doesn't usually take long for my tastes to change. That doesn't mean something that I liked a year ago or 2 years ago isn't still something I like, it just means there's a chance it's not as important to me as it once was.

So you know what that means.... It's time for another set of lists!

Things I like now that I didn't like last year at this time

1. John Lodge --- Last year at this time, it was all about Justin. If I did this list a few months ago, the Moody Blues would have made it.

2. Diana Krall --- Don't ask, I don't know how it happened.

3. Concerts --- The Moody Blues changed my outlook on most live shows.

4. Photography -- I got a digital camera for Christmas last year. I love it!

5. Mix CD Trading -- I really got into it over the summer with a few swaps. Now it's something I really enjoy doing regularly.

6. Atlantic City -- Do I need to give a reason? And when can I go back?

7. The Edward Powers Theater, Youngstown OH -- This lovely theater makes all three in Pittsburgh look shoddy. Oh and it helps that the Moody Blues played there, and that I met them while they were there!

8. Sappy, Pretty Music -- Thanks Justin! Thanks John! My inner snarky would like to beat you!

9. Richard Roxburgh -- You know, that guy that plays Dracula

10. Road trips -- Never thought I'd like picking up and wandering off so much. When can I go somewhere again?

Things I used to like a lot, but don't care about much anymore.

1. Danny Elfman -- Frankly, listening to Oingo Boingo is difficult for me. Yesterday I deleted a bunch of pictures, because I didn't want them anymore.

2. Greg Proops -- Ok, I still get enjoyment from this one occasionally, very occasionally. I just can't get excited about him. Heck, I don't get excited about Whose Line Is It Anyway much unless someone is coming to the area. I'm still debating going to see Brad and Colin in November.

3. Coupling -- The tv show...get your minds out of the gutter! I still watch this one, but the new series is really not as good, mostly because Richard Coyle isn't there.

4. The Mall -- When you have no money places like this just make you feel like crap.

5. Duran Duran -- Out of sight out of mind. Now if they'd get that new album out! Crikey it's been 4 years. I think they want to break the Moody Blues' record of 9 years between albums.

6. Eating out -- Even if I get a salad I manage to put on weight! GRRRRRRR

7. Staying in -- I used to be a homebody. Ok, I still am, but come weekend, I want to escape.

8. Erasure -- Suddenly they are almost too happy for me, though I still can't wait til there next release at the beginning of next year.

Ok..I think I covered it all. I would have added pictures to this post, but photobucket has been going down down dobeedo down an awful lot lately and I'm sick of looking at little red x's.

0 comments: