Friday, July 23, 2004

Birthday Present Anguish

Birthday Present Anguish


A fellow blogger friend of mine has a birthday in 6 days. I haven't a clue how old she is. All I know is her birthday and that we have similar tastes in music.

We've swapped mix cds, pictures of Moody Men and concert cds over the past year. So her b-day is the 30th, if my memory serves me well, and I'm trying to get together the perfect gift.

I've got a duplicate copy of a Costello CD to send to her. Which leads me to the next quandry. She's joked that I turned her from the bittersweet ballads of the Moody Blues to someone snarky like Mr. Costello.

That is quite true. Though her love for the Hayward has not waned as my love for the Costello has not. But I wanted to do a few different things for her b-day and maybe make up for the snarky Costello habit I helped to create.

So I decided on Erasure.



So I've done a 20 Reasons To Love Erasure Mix. Tomorrow I'll be assembling the tracks to make sure that all of my 20 choices fit. This 20 Reasons Mix is a little different from my others though. I went through and found all the light fluffy Erasure songs, to make up for the snarky beauty of Mr. Costello.

There's also a surprise involved. She knows she's getting an Erasure Mix, she knows she's getting a Costello CD and she knows I'm buring the Atlantic City Moody Blues show for her, but I'm adding a special mix to the b-day pressie. It's another 20 Reasons mix, only this one is 20 Reasons Why Moody Mistress should have a happy birthday!

Oh and I'm making her a card, cos she made me one hell of a pretty one for my 30th. So if you guys would be so kind as to clicky here and let me know what you think of my card.

Here's hoping she'll like it. Oh and I'm not worried that my posting about the surprise will ruin it for her, she's on vacation in NYC for the week, and most likely she won't read my archives when she gets back.

0 comments: