Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I'm Still Awake

I'm Still Awake

I'm wide awake! I can't believe this. I only got about 4 hours sleep, but I'm wide awake right now. Tired as all hell, but wide awake. I even accomplished things. Be proud.

1. Moody Mistress's B-day present is in the mail!!
2. Got that photo order done. Took me hours to do it too. ARGH
3. Burned a mix CD for an Art Of The Mix buddy.
4. Took a picture of a toad hopping about my yard, clicky here to see it.
5. Listened to the Time Traveller Disc 2 far too many times for my sanity.

"Burn slowly the candle of life"

That's about the most intelligent lyric John Lodge has ever written. Good on you Lodgey!

Do you ever think about lyrics? Oh, it's just me then. Some of them are extremely profound while others leave you cocking your head to the side like a confused puppy dog. Most of Lodgey's fall into the later variety.

Not that it's a bad thing. I need songs like "Magic" and "Steppin In A Slide Zone" in my life. I also need songs like "One More Time To Live" and "Candle Of Life" But sometimes it's those silly or senseless sounding lyrics that really lift me up.

John's song "Words You Say" is probably the most mocked Moody Blues song, mostly cos it's the longest freaking song in the universe. (OK, it only feels that way) It also has some weird lyrics. And because I love ya so much, I'll post them.

Words You Say

Words you say to me
I listen in sympathy
But I don't know what it is
That makes me ignore you.

I hear you every night
I listen but the words
Don't seem right
My mind seems somewhere else
What else can I tell you?
I don't know what to do
I'm losing you

Something I can't control
You are in my heart and soul.
I don't want to wake up now
I don't want to wake up now
I don't want to wake up now
I don't want to wake up now.

Words you say to me
I'm living in fantasy
If I don't know what it is
I simply ignore you.

I hear you every night
I listen but the time is never right
My life is so confused
What more can I tell you?

Don't turn and walk away
Don't leave this way
Something I can't control
You are in my heart and soul.

I don't want to wake up now


And this is how Lodgey looks when he's singing Words You Say



I think I've been awake far too long today.

0 comments: