Thursday, July 01, 2004

Reflections

Reflections

This post could more aptly be titled, I don't wanna turn 30 tomorrow! So I'm taking time today to reflect on the things that have happened to me in the past 29 years. Some have been good, some have been awful.

Regular Life
I've owned 2 cars, one that I loved and still miss dearly. BTW Greta is still sitting at the repair shop, with no engine to be found for her. My poor sweet sweet baby. (who hated me)

I graduated 8th in my class from high school.

I graduated with honors from California University of PA

I've driven to Atlantic City, Cleveland, and Youngstown. Not bad for a girl who's perpetually afraid of her shadow

I worked retail for 6 years. (only the first 2 were enjoyable)

I've survived my mother having 4 heart attacks, one in which my being a night owl saved her life.

I've written numbers short stories, some fanfic, some not, one novel and have another novel in the works

I've had some really good friends over the years, it's a shame I don't have any now. (note to the online people...I'm not talking about you...I'm talking about the people that live in my area)

Survived a few bouts of unemployment, two short, one way too long

Musical life

I've been fortunate enough to see many of my musical obsessions in concert. Allow me to list them.

The Monkees (my first ever concert...thank you Lady Starlight) -- 4 times
Eric Clapton -- 1 time
Paul McCartney -- 1 time
Duran Duran -- 2 times
Def Leppard -- 3 times
The Devlins -- 1 time
Tom Petty -- 1 time
Cher -- 1 time (w/Cyndi Lauper)
Culture Club/Human League/Howard Jones (Big Rewind Tour) -- 1 time
Love and Rockets (w/James Hall) -- 1 time
Elvis Costello -- 1 time
Counting Crows -- 1 time
Poison (w/assorted other metal bands) -- 2 times
Cheap Trick -- 1 time
David Bowie -- 2 times (the second time I sincerely wish hadn't happened)

Hmmmm have I forgotten anyone?

Oh yes, I did forget one...

The Moody Blues!!!! -- 3 times (in less than a year!)

I've been a huge fan of musical theater as well and I've seen many many shows.

Phantom of the Opera -- 2 times
Evita
Me and My Girl
Jesus Christ Superstar -- 2 times
The Secret Garden
Tommy
Cats -- 2 times
Aspects of Love
Les Miserables -- 2 times
Chess
The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber Concert w/Michael Crawford -- 2 times

Episodes With Greatness

I've had the chance to meet several of the people I obsess over and some that I just happened upon. I promise, you won't see the pictures this time. You're eyes have been traumatized by me siddling up to Lodgey enough this year. No, never mind, I lied, you will be forced to look at my ugliness! HA! HA! HA! Why should Elvis and Lodgey be the only ones to suffer!

Dennis DeYoung -- When he played Pontius Pilate in JCS in Pittsburgh
Steve Issacs -- Mtv Vj, who starred in the touring company of Tommy
James Hall -- Opening act for Love & Rockets and a really gorgeous guy!
Eddie Izzard
Chip Esten
Brad Sherwood
Jeff Davis
Elvis Costello -- He gave me a hug and kissed my cheek (sigh, thud)

John (Lodgey) Lodge -- His hand was on my butt and I was too cold to know.


I guess you could say that life hasn't treated me unkindly. True, love hasn't really found me. I've had a few relationships, none worth mentioning, as I'm sure none of them would mention me. I have a wonderful family, dysfunctional but wonderful, they all drive me crazy and I return the favor. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. OK, maybe for the Hayward or the Lodgey, but other than that, I like my family and I'll keep em.

So that was the first 29 years. I wonder what's next?

0 comments: