Monday, March 01, 2004

Monday Morning Blues

I posted over at wenches yesterday, that I had a weekend of nothingness. Today I'm beginning to realize how true that was. I don't even recall if I sent out a story update on Friday. If not, I was really lazy and uninspired this weekend. It must be the sunshine. It warmed my brain and turned it to mush.

The brain isn't working at all when it comes to that story right now, and when I do get bouts of inspiration it's at bedtime. Having had all this time off work, I can't stay up late, because I'm not in the swing of things. I've been used to staying up til 1 or 2 in the morning, but I can't do that now and survive work. At least not for a few months. Maybe I'm just getting old. I don't know. I'm still not a morning person that's for sure.

And the Oscars? WTF! I'm just going to say this, Sean Penn? Pardon me, but no. I'm sick of the Academy playing sick jokes on us. Granted the nominees get some lovely parting gifts, but still. They nominate Johnny Depp for a role no one would take seriously when it came to an Oscar. They nominate Danny Elfman, when there is no way in hell he can win. The last year Danny was nominated, Titantic was the film of the year. (cough, cough) I'm not going there. The world knows my view on that piece of celluloid.

To which case, let's look at the true beauty of the Oscars.



Johnny Depp