Saturday, March 06, 2004

I Made A Mix

I spent half of last night making this mix. The artwork is beautiful, and I can't share it with you, because the Art of The Mix site is having some serious issues. Everytime I hit submit, I get a lovely (Insert expletive here) error messag. So I haven't been able to post my new mix. It's so much easier to post it there and put the link here, but oh well, such is life.

Move Your Body

Falco - Vienna Calling
Peter Schilling - The Different Story
Eurythmics - When Tomorrow Comes
Captain Sensible - Glad It's All Over
Madonna - Thief of Hearts
Cyndi Lauper - Insecurious
Feargal Sharkey - Cold Cold Streets
ABBA - Super Trouper
Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
Erasure - Run To The Sun
Delerium - After All
Adam Ant - Manners & Physique
Robbie Williams - Supreme
Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
The Moody Blues - Sitting At The Wheel (Remix)
David Bowie - New Killer Star
Sarah Brightman - Harem


At some point I'll get the artwork up and share. It's really great.

While I'm on the subject of music and mixes, I had all the swapped mixes out last night. I have mixes by Tay, Brian, Christine and a few others as well, all laying out on the floor.

It's taking a giant step to swap mixes with people. God knows what you'll get. I've had a few scary mixes show up on the doorstep. I've also had some fantastic ones. Accepting someone else's musical taste can be frightening as well as eye opening.

Usually I find one song on each mix that I really like. Sometimes I'm lucky and find more, unless it's a fantastic mix..and well, then I ususally like the whole thing. (Which is why I feel asleep to Christine's Make Out Mix from the Summer Burn It and well Brian's Movie Mix keeps sneaking into my cd player)

I'm still trying to figure out how Duran Duran and Marilyn Mason can be on the same mix. ~shudders~ Not at the Duran Duran part, mind you. I guess that makes things more ecclectic, but it makes me give the dog head tilt look.

It's all for the love of music anyway...