Sunday, March 28, 2004

I've Reaffirmed My Love For Mr. Costello

After I had a odd dream about my darling Declan, where I in a few odd moments, screamed at him and called him a hypocrite, making him cry and then hugged Krallomort (Ok Ok, Diana Krall) I decided to download a recent show over at Sharing the Groove.

The show was from March 15 in Toronto, at Massey Hall.

~sigh~

I'm listening to my favorite EC ballad right now, co-written by Burt Bacharach, This House Is Empty Now. I'm jealous of everyone that was lucky enough to be at that venue. His voice was near perfection. Absolutely gorgeous. If I can get past the songs from North, and still enjoy the show, I'll be in good shape.

I still can't like that damn cd. I still feel guilty for disliking it as much as I do. I've used Still on a few mixes and it makes me wretch. I hiss at the cd player when it comes on. Childish, yes, fun, yes as well.

Everytime I hear him like this, I remember why I love him and maybe just maybe I'll be in the mood for love and North will suddenly become appealing to me. I doubt it though. At least the songs don't put me straight to sleep in their live form, they just make me yawn a bit more than usual.

0 comments: