Monday, March 15, 2004

I Will Pretend The Sun Will Shine Forever

The weatherman has to be wrong. There will not be a snow storm this week. NO! NO! and NO! It's gorgeous and sunny outside and the sparrows are building their nest above my bedroom window as they do every year. It's truly a beautiful day today. But if the weatherman is right, the rest of the week is to be full of freezing rain, snow and other nasty stuff.

At least my parents have a nice day today. It's their 52nd wedding anniversay.

All I can say is WOW! (No one's been killed) I never knew how much bickering goes on in a household until I found myself trapped in this one the past many months. Maybe it's age that does it to you. Age and one parent being healthier than the other. My mother has a heart condition, diabetes, you name it, she's got it. My dad on the other has only has minor problems that can be associated with working in coal mines, steel mills and a glass plant. He still cuts logs, shovels coal climbs ladders, and makes a general menace of himself. You can't stop him. Really, you can't.

It's not often see people married that long anymore. Mostly because people don't get married that young. My mom was 18 when she got married. But that was the fifities and another world entirely.

I know I can't imagine being married, let alone being married to someone for fifty plus years. It's quite an accomplishment and proof that sometimes love does transcend all bounds, sickness, hard times and other things that would send lesser people to the divorce lawyers.

I'm glad the sun is shining today. My parents deserve it.

0 comments: